Come to work at SCL, have fun, feel inspired and be inspiring! Every single person who works at SCL is making a difference in our local communities and having a huge impact on children, young people, adults and employers.
We are a people powered business, and we understand the importance of great people in a high performing business. We are in the business of unlocking potential and we have been doing this for over 20 years.
Our people powered culture is what makes us different; our values, sporting background with strong teamwork mentality and focus on wellbeing creates powerful positive experiences for all our customers.
Our programmes and the experiences we provide are designed to achieve so much more than just a qualification. We focus on more than knowledge, skills and behaviours, our sporting heritage of over 20 years means we understand what it takes to develop a well-rounded person by unlocking their potential.
Main Purpose of Position
To successfully lead a team to achieve and exceed targets in line with business priorities and growth opportunities. The Programme Manager for Retail will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of our Apprenticeship operational and quality practices. You will be an experienced manager who can effectively manage and lead a team of Trainers and IQAs to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and support our learners to achieve high quality outcomes.
You will be responsible for supporting, mentoring, coaching, and developing the team as required, ensuring our learners and employers receive a first-class learning experience whilst achieving and maintaining high quality retention and achievement rates above 60% for the Iceland contract. You will also be responsible for building excellent relationships with the client and actively promoting apprenticeships within the client sites and with managers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the Quality Manager, Group Quality Team and Head of Client Design to plan and deliver exciting Apprenticeship programmes with innovative curriculum content, in line with market demand/customer needs.
- Support the Head of Performance and Commercial Team to ensure there is sufficient delivery capacity to deliver the employer engagement/sales strategy.
- Manage the daily activities of your team, setting KPIs and monitoring performance.
- Effective case-loading, based on sector, geography and skills-set.
- Carrying out observations of teaching, learning and assessment, implementing a programme of continuous improvement to support outstanding learner achievement.
- Productive work flow through the implementation of robust processes and systems, working collaboratively with the Compliance, MIS and On-boarding teams.
- Keeping accurate and compliant records, monitoring and reporting on performance, analysing data to identify intervention and risk.
- Building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribution to the department's SAR and QIP.
- Achieve contractual starts target with support of Account Manager.
Contractual Compliance and Quality
- To ensure contractual, operational and funding compliance across the whole learner journey
- To embed a culture of right first time'
- To lead by example
- Share SCL's vision, mission, values and behaviours, and communicate them effectively
- Participate in staff reviews and professional development activities and be actively involved in the company's culture of high expectations
- Value diversity and promote equality
- Contribute to company events
- Adhere to SCL's policies and procedures including health and safety
- Ensure good communication at all levels
- Be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Any other duties that management considers appropriate
- Represent the Company in promotional activities i.e. external events out of normal office hours as required.
- Attend various network groups and ad hoc meetings.
- Obtain feedback from learners and employers, analyse and make any appropriate improvements.
- To manage own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives
- To ensure own training and development, including CPD, is up to date and compliant with relevant professional bodies.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of Apprenticeships
- Operational and Quality Management
- Managing remote teams of Trainer
- Occupational qualifications and/or experience to a minimum of Level 4
- Process driven and ability to meet deadlines
- Eye for detail
- Exceptional customer service skills and a real team player
- Enthusiastic and professional manner
- Flexible approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- GCSCE/Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent
- Experience of working in high demand environments, meeting deadlines and exceeding targets
- Access to a vehicle and full driving licence required
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- L5 Operations and Departmental Manager
- Experience of working for a Private Training Provider or FE/HE Establishment
- Experience of meeting audit expectations (e.g. ESFA)
- Proficient in e-portfolio systems
- Ability to analyse and scrutinise data and reports
Values and Behaviours
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a "make it happen" attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
What SCL Offer?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions