DNA Awarding is looking for an individual, who has knowledge of assessment practice and methodology, enabling them to develop high quality resources, guidance and assessment material as part of DNA Awarding End-Point Assessment offer. Assessment material will need to be produced to meet regulatory compliance and to allow DNA Awarding to provide valid assessments. Guidance and resources written will be high-quality and informative for customers. The required individual will be innovative and efficient in their approach to workload and the requirements of the position and possess a high level of attention to detail.
The Product and Assessment Development Officer will work under the direction of the Head of Product and Assessment Development and in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team. In accordance with DNA Awarding' strategic objectives they will oversee, manage and implement the DNA Awarding product lifecycle, staying up to date with factors affecting regulatory compliance. By doing so they will ensure that all End-Point Assessment resources and systems are compliant with all relevant regulatory conditions from Ofqual and the ESFA.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Educated to GCSE grade C or above in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Educated to a minimum Level 3.
- Experience of writing, delivering, maintaining and evaluating assessments and support materials, either through experience of developing End-Point Assessments or qualifications.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues in education, skills development and apprenticeships.
- Experience of managing projects through to timely completion.
- Understanding of assessment principles.
- Experience of working with stakeholders such as subject matter experts, training providers and employers.
- Detailed knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent in the use of IT packages and confident with web-based IT systems.
- Precise and exact attention to detail.
- Consistent and high level of accuracy in undertaking work tasks to the highest standards of quality.
- Flexible attitude towards work and working hours.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload.
- Assessor/Internal Verifier qualification
- Teaching/training qualification
- Experience of working in an assessment, training, or in vocational or further education
- Knowledge of standardisation and quality assurance processes
ARE YOU A DNA AWARDING PERSON?
- You are approachable and honest
- You have a passion for building effective relationships
- You are forward thinking
- You are willing to bring new ideas to the table
- You realise by working as team we can achieve our collective goals
Please note that this job description is current as at the date shown above. In consultation with you, it is liable to change to reflect changes in the job.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to DNA, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to, reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks. This post is defined as regulated activity. The post holder is required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure check deemed acceptable to the organisation and to be re-checked every 3 years
DNA are an inclusive employer. We will endeavour to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements.