Primary Tutors Required in Orpington!
The CatchUp Academy are currently looking for tutors to work in Primary Schools across Orpington and surrounding area.
We are working with a catch-up programme for students who fell behind during the Covid pandemic, and the resulting school closures nationwide. The programme allows each pupil intensive tuition across the core subjects.
We are currently looking for tutors who can teach KS1 and KS2 delivering numeracy, literacy, phonics and reading programmes, either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups, (maximum of 1:6.) We are looking for candidates who can be flexible with the hours and are willing to commit on a long-term basis.
As a CatchUp Tutor you will have the following responsibilities: -
- Deliver core curriculum tuition either online or face-to-face in schools to children who need extra support to catch up
- Assess and adapt your teaching style according to the students' current abilities
- Liaising with the class teachers to plan and prepare lessons and objectives that are tailored to individual child / children over the course of the programme
- Be flexible and committed to the hours required
The Key Requirements of a CatchUp Tutor
- To be a tutor you will either need to be a Qualified Teacher (QTS) or a support worker within a school with relevant qualifications or a minimum 6 months experience
- New Graduates at degree level are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- Have a clear understanding of the UK curriculum
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Confident behaviour management
- The ability to deliver engaging lessons on a 1:1 and small group basis
- An enhanced DBS
- Be confident with IT systems.
If you're passionate about your subject and interested in helping us support Primary pupils get the best start, please apply now with an updated CV and a brief description of what you are ideally looking for.