SEMH Teaching Assistant - Greenwich
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in an educational setting with SEMH pupils to support their learning whilst encouraging their independence by achieving their social, emotional, and educational goals?
Here at Remedy Education, we are supporting a lovely Primary school in Greenwich who are looking to appoint SEMH Teaching Assistants. We are seeking a compassionate educator to join the school who work closely with children who require additional support due to their individual needs, ensuring they are fully participating in school life and achieving their potential.
This is a full-time position starting immediately on a long-term basis with the opportunity to go permanent. The daily rate will be 95 to 105 dependant on your experience.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant must:
- Have 1 year previous experience working with children / young people with SEMH needs and challenging behaviour within a professional or personal setting.
- Have a DBS on the update service (preferred not essential)
- Be passionate about supporting children with their learning.
- Be enthusiastic, friendly, and confident.
- Have a commitment to inclusion and equal opportunities.
- Must be able to relate well to young people and adults and have some understanding of the range of needs of young people with learning difficulties.
- Be able to work effectively in a team.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- To establish a warm, caring, and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the school.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- To contribute to providing high quality, challenging, and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class.
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
- To promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioral, physical development and spiritual well-being.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
We are Remedy Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- 100 'Refer a Friend' bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply:
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Remedy Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements