Supply Star Recruitment would like to hear from anyone looking for casual temporary work within Primary Schools in Birmingham and surrounding areas.
As a Supply Primary Teacher you will be tasked with covering classes with approx. 20-30 children Year 1-Year 6 (age 5-11). All work will be pre-set for you to deliver.
You must be a qualified teacher or HLTA to work as a Primary Supply Teacher and must have experience working with children in the UK.
The flexible/casual nature of the work means it is ideal for someone who has children and can only work part time, has study commitments or even another job.
The work is not guaranteed as we can only call you when the schools call us for cover however if you are looking to become a permanent Teacher in a school we can offer you a 'foot in the door' so that you can showcase your skills.
To work with curriculum teams and supervise students in the absence of teachers.
1. To supervise classes and to undertake work/activities that has been set by teachers.
2. To maintain good order and discipline amongst the pupils in line with the School Behaviour for Learning Policy to ensure a positive environment.
3. To encourage the children to interact and work co-operatively with each other and engage all pupils in activities.
4. To respond to any questions from children about processes and procedures
5. To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy.
6. To establish communication links with the appropriate teacher to ensure continuity is maintained for the pupils.
7. To collect completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
8. To report back to the appropriate person on any issues arising
What We Offer:
A route into getting a permanent job within a school
On the job paid experience if you are a HLTA thinking about becoming a teacher
Market leading pay rates depending on your experience and qualifications
Flexible working hours to suit your other commitments
A large client base of schools covering Birmingham and surrounding areas
An experienced Education Recruitment Consultant with over 10 years experience who will support your journey