PMLD Teaching Assistant
Job Type: Full time (Monday - Friday) 8:30am-3:30pm
Veritas Education are searching for Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) Teaching Assistants to work in a specialist primary school in Bradford. You will be supporting primary aged children with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) and Special Educational Needs (SEN) in the classroom. As a PMLD Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting students to reach their full potential. This position offers a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of these exceptional students.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with PMLD.
- Assist in creating and implementing individualised education plans (IEPs).
- Foster a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment.
- Assist with personal care needs, including feeding, toileting, and mobility.
- Monitor and record student progress and behaviour.
- Encourage communication and social interaction among students using a range of communication methods.
- Communicate using PECS, Makaton and British Sign Language.
- Experience supporting adults and/or children with Special Educational Needs is essential.
- Personal experience supporting a family member with SEN/PMLD is also valued.
- Good knowledge of SEN and communication strategies is preferred.
- Moving and handling qualification is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for working with special needs students.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Candidates must hold or be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS upon registration.
- Have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to (url removed). Please include 'PMLD Teaching Assistant Application -Bradford' in the subject line.
Veritas Education is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Background checks and reference checks will be conducted on all successful candidates.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'