We believe that everyone owns potential; its inside us all waiting to be discovered.
We are a post-16 further education provider delivering high-quality education, inspired through sport.
With over 20 years' experience in the industry, we have evolved to become the home of sports education for 16-18-year-olds. We are on a journey to set the standard for sports education that truly inspires young people to succeed and helps current and future generations of sports professionals to unlock their potential.
We are proud to teach, motivate and develop more than 3,000 learners in real sports environments every year nationwide helping them on their journey to the next steps in their career.
The Mentor will be providing support and guidance to learners wishing to enrol or engaged on programmes within the Centre. The purpose of the role will be to provide support to learners (one-to-one and in the classroom) who may be experiencing difficulties related to social, emotional, or behavioural problems or issues that could create a barrier to the learner's ability to actively engage in learning and support overcoming barriers that may be affecting their confidence to achieve their personal objectives and take positive steps forward in their personal and career progression.
What SCL Offers
- Attractive benefits for you and your family- We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff.
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme -We make sure excellence is recognized
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects and training opportunities
- A dedicated Learning & Development team to support your career progression.
- Companywide Socials- A chance for the entire company to get together on a regular basis.
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services- Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to, reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification check.
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavor to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements.