Mental Health Teaching Assistant
A high achieving, modern Primary School within the Borough of Lambeth, are looking to fill X3 Mental Health Teaching Assistant roles to join their supportive, friendly, and hardworking team. The successful candidate will work alongside the brilliant SEND and Safeguarding teams to address the additional needs required by students to reduce barriers to learning.
The ideal candidate for the Mental Health Teaching Assistant role would be graduates with a keen interest in Mental Health, Therapy, Psychological Research, Education, Speech and Language, Special Needs and many more!
The school have a long line of success with providing graduates with first hand, enriching experience with SEN and Mental Health. Previously, Mental Health Teaching Assistants have continued to pursue Educational Psychology, Counselling, Therapy, Clinical Psychology as well as completing internal teacher training within the Primary School.
The Mental Health Teaching Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Mentoring students with SEND, SEMH and Safeguarding requirements.
- Developing strong relationships with pupils; Work Experience Placements; Learning Skills Centre; and Colleges Links.
- Planning and running group sessions and 1:1 session addressing the needs of the students.
If the Mental Health Teaching Assistant role sounds like the opportunity for you, then please read on below to find out further information!
Mental Health Assistant Job Description
- Primary School
- Borough of Lambeth
- 95 - 105 per day
- Full-time, Start Date ASAP (term time only)
- Mental Health Teaching Assistant in an excellent Primary School
- Working with EYFS, KS1 and KS2 - Supporting students with SEN or SEMH needs
- Similar role to a SEN Teaching Assistant
Ideal Mental Health Assistant
- A graduate with an interest in SEMH or SEN
- Or non-graduates with mentoring or counselling experience is desirable
- Previous experience or a passion for working with young people to make a positive impact on their lives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build trust
- Hardworking, resilient and positive
If you are interested in this Mental Health Teaching Assistant role, then apply now! Send your CV to Charlie at EdEx and you will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted!)
Mental Health Assistant