SCL is the UK's largest provider of education and skills training within the sports sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs such as Charlton Athletic, West Ham Foundation, Borehamwood FC, Yorkshire Cricket, Hull RFL and Tranmere Rovers, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
Our fantastic Teacher Talent Pathway (TTP) recognises the importance of high-quality teaching staff. The TTP programme supports our new talent to becoming the best educators to our students. As we know, we are #StrongerTogether. The purpose of the TTP is to provide transparency to teaching staff, to build a positive culture with a strong focus on behaviours, and to provide a pipeline of staff progression.
In addition, SCL provides a unique opportunity for all its teachers to rapidly develop the knowledge, skills and experience for progression into curriculum and/or other operational leadership roles due to the unique nature of our education sites and how we empower teacher ownership and site management. This is a really exciting part of our offer, especially for high quality, aspirational teachers who have a desire to have a life changing impact on young people's futures as well as progress within their education career. This is what makes us different to any other traditional education providers.
Staying true to our purpose we are using the power of sport to deliver exceptional educational programs. There is no doubt about it, SCL is a fast paced and growing business, that is committed to offering internal opportunities for development and progression throughout the business.
Our staff also get to enjoy attractive benefits such as Simply Health Cash Plan, Lifetime Insurance, income insurance and a range of other benefits.
Key responsibilities & duties
- To be accountable for the standard of English &/or Maths delivery throughout the department
- To comply and implement the company's Maths & English strategy.
- To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed.
- To work with the Quality and Operations teams to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement in English &/or Maths
- To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Providers quality assurance and improvement measures as required for Maths and English
- Keep up with relevant developments in, learning and teaching that impact upon programmes and delivery.
- Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods, such as e-learning, and new modes of delivery, such as part-time or distance learning.
- Facilitate dialogue between teaching colleagues to share effective teaching practice and raise awareness of English &/or Maths delivery.
- Communicate with internal and external clients, promoting SCL's work and our brand.
- Support vocational staff on English &/or Maths Delivery
- Identify systems' issues and areas of concern with English &/or Maths and provide workable solutions.
- Act as the go to specialist in English &/or Maths and lead the way in promoting its importance within our delivery.
- Support the campaign to enhance Lecturer's confidence and capabilities in delivering Functional Skills and GCSE.
- Manage the E-Learning Assessment program by providing logins and leading audit checks on the system to ensure that we are meeting our standards.
- Book all Functional skills exams, liaise with teaching staff and Curriculum manager on any issues surrounding this process.
- Ensuring all students are provided with any individual special exam arrangements.
- Collate all English & Maths results on the agreed time periods and disseminate this information to all staff and manager.
- Provide data on English & maths exams to manager in a suitable format as and when requested.
- Carry out audit and checks to ensure that deadlines are adhered to for booking of all exams.
- Responsible for supporting and implementing the Maths and English strategy that ensures that the English & Maths requirements of all stakeholders are met and that our learners have the best possible chance of achieving successful results.
- Support the self-assessment process and quality improvement plans for Maths and English
- Ensuring compliance with external stakeholder requirements and support with the preparation for all Lead partner reviews and inspections, ensuring all regions are ever ready with regards to functional skills and GCSE
- Review the English & Maths curriculum, its delivery and effectiveness and to make recommendations to management for further improvements.
- Monitor and oversee targeted improvements in retention, achievement, and timely achievement on maths programmes.
- Supporting the programme of English &/or Maths audits and quality checks. Ensuring that all actions identified are followed up by tutors to improve the quality of service and the customer experience.
- Support Managers on the observation planning process
- Provide support and coaching to managers on the delivery of English &/or Maths.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times.
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times.