Level 1 Teaching Assistant
£11.68 £13.50 per hour
Do you want a rewarding career where you can make a difference to children s lives?
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in a local primary school in Weston-Super-Mare starting as soon as possible.
About the role
The successful Teaching Assistant will have a passion for supporting children who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The TA will be tasked with supporting individuals in a classroom setting and will be proactive in communicating with and helping the class teacher. The ideal TA will be flexible and creative in their approach in order to engage children with their learning.
About the school
The local primary school in Weston-Super-Mare is warm and friendly. The school welcomes a diverse range of pupils and is seeking a Primary Teacher who builds positive relationships with pupils and is dedicated to promoting the learning and aspirations of all pupils. The school takes pride in their supportive environment for both staff and students, which is evident through their ethos and values. The school is easy to access with plenty of on-street parking available and good transport links.
To be considered for the role of Level 1 Teaching Assistant you will:
- Hold a Level 1 Teaching Assistant NVQ
- Be passionate about supporting children s learning
- Be a positive, committed, caring person
- Have experience working with children
- Ideally hold a driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- to have or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
- to hold an enhanced DBS on the update service (child workforce or child and adult workforce)
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Fran Redihough on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).