m2r Education are working with this training and development company who provide a range of public services, including employment support, skills training, independent living, prison education. In addition, they are recognised as being one of the Top 25 Education and Training providers to work for.
Based on-site at HMP Stocken you will deliver ICT level 1 and 2 qualifications to prison based learners. You will be working with small groups of prison-based learners to develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours while supporting them with their long-term goals and aspirations.
Tutors ensure that the appropriate training plans are in place and that the advice and guidance is given when required while ensuring they deliver the highest level of quality courses that engage with the learners and help them to reach their potential.
The working hours for this position are Monday - Thursday 07:45 - 17:00 and Friday 07:45 - 12:15.
- Level 2 vocational qualification
- An expert in your field with substantial experience
- Experience of delivering training
- A teaching or assessing qualification is desirable
- Ability to display a wide range of training methods to engage learners
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills coupled with the ability to manage own workload.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection of all learners.
- Ability to engage with and motivate learners from all backgrounds and respond appropriately to their individual needs.
- Valid DBS.
- To £29500 (maybe slightly higher, depending upon experience etc)
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sharesave scheme
- Refer a Friend reward scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Plus more!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.