Are you a dedicated and experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a rewarding opportunity in a vibrant Preston primary school? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a skilled Teaching Assistant to join the team at a Preston primary school in The role involves providing valuable support to students in Key Stage 2, contributing to their educational growth and overall development.
Ideally, a successful candidate must have experience working in KS2, providing personalised support to individual students. You should be the type of individual who can demonstrate commitment, reliability, high attendance, and an ability to be flexible and adaptable to the child's needs, likes, and interests. Experience in tailoring content to meet individual needs and incorporating their preferences to enthuse and motivate them to participate will be highly beneficial.
The school's vision, inspired by Jesus Sermon on the Mount, emphasises holistic development. Rooted in the Beatitudes, the motto is "Be blessed by God, be happy, and aspire to be." The focus is on academic, emotional, and spiritual growth, aiming for students to lead fulfilling lives and be positive influences in their communities. Parents and carers actively contributed to the vision, reflecting on what being "blessed by God," happiness, and aspirations mean to them. The school envisions a harmonious family where students thrive academically and personally, guided by biblical principles.
These are some of your exciting Benefits:
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Your own dedicated and experienced consultant to guide you through the application process
- Free accredited training, both online and on-site
- Weekly pay and competitive daily rates
- local parking.
- Public Transport nearby.
- Support from an exciting network of Primary Schools.
- Access to free CPD.
- Support from your dedicated consultant who specialises in Primary Education.
- CV and application support.
- Refer a friend Scheme with a reward of 300 love 3 shop vouchers.
Responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant involve:
- Reading, writing and SPAG support.
- Adjusting or breaking down activities to support participation and understanding. Develop a supportive relationship with the child that promotes self esteem and confidence.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical, emotional and behavioural needs of the child and respond to them effectively.
- To liaise with the Teacher and SENCO about the development and support needed at home and in school for the child.
- To provide the whole class, small groups and 1:1 support.
- Monitor and maintain records of the pupils progress.
- To assist with general school duties which may include setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
- Supervision of children during lunch times and Supervision of children entering and leaving school premises.
- Possession of an Enhanced child DBS on the update service or willingness to acquire a new one.
- Eligibility to work in the UK (please note that sponsorship is unavailable for this role).
- Preferred previous experience in educational settings, particularly schools.
- Provision of two recent professional references, a vital requirement for consideration.
- Experience working with young people
- Class management skills
- Comfortable managing challenging behaviour
- Able to engage with and motivate children
- TA Qualified
Would you like to find out how to get this job? - Click on Apply now
If you want to know more about this fabulous opportunity send your CV today as we would love to discuss it with you!