Are you passionate about education and committed to helping learners unlock their full potential? Are you a skilled Further Education Tutor, with a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of those you teach? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The LTE Group is a national, public-sector learning, training and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to 'improve lives and economic success through learning and skills. Our 4,000 valued colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our six businesses.
We have a great opportunity to join our education team as a Further Education Tutor for Novus, our prison education provider at HMP&YOI Parc offered on a permanent, full-time basis working 40 hrs per week.
At Novus we work with passion, care, and commitment to create the foundations for change.
For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in prison settings across England and Wales, to take new directions.
The LTE Group family encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations:
The Manchester College - further education UCEN Manchester - higher education Novus - prison education Total People - apprenticeships MOL - professional development.
What the role entails
As a Tutor you will develop and deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with Novus policies and procedure, supporting learners and colleagues alike to ensure the best outcome for all who work within our sector.
What we need from you
In order to be successful in the role of Tutor, you will need:
- A teaching qualification or subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale (required)
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Track record of effective teaching in subject specialism
Ideally you will want to be a part of a team which has at its core a focus on improving lives and enabling and equipping learners to develop, grow and be equipped for a life of work and success. You'll be a self-starter with a passion to learn and grow yourself and will bring passion, dedication, and positivity to your new role.
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Extensive annual leave which can be taken throughout the year and not restricted to school holiday times.
- Monday to Friday working pattern.
- Our in-house 'Evolve' training programme, which offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- Full package of training to support working in a Prison environment.
- Good progression routes into management positions within the education
- Learner class sizes are much smaller than in FE colleges.
- Able to be flexible and innovative with the curriculum.
- Part of the wider community of the prison service
- Additional behavioural and complex need support
- Aviva Auto enrolments pension scheme.
- Our comprehensive in-house awards scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme including a free, confidential, 24/7 support service.
- Health care discounts through Simply Health
- Retail discounts through You at Work
- Our Cycle to Work scheme.
Ideally, you will want to be a part of a team which has at its core a focus on improving lives and enabling and equipping learners to develop, grow and be equipped for a life of work and success. You will be an initiative-taker with a passion to learn and grow yourself and will bring passion, dedication, and positivity to your new role.
At Novus Gower, we work with passion, care, and commitment to create the foundations for change. For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in a custodial setting across England and Wales, to take new directions. We operate 50 hubs in the United Kingdom where our specialist teams are on hand to support Adults and Children to improve their employability prospects post-release.
Novus Gower is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We work to support our Veterans to gain employment and are also proud holders of the Disability Confident employer award.
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the 'Apply online' button below.
The closing date for this job advert is 14/02/2024. However, the job advert may close early if we receive a good response.
The LTE group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to undergo an appropriate DBS check via the Criminal Records Bureau. Due to the educational aspect of our group some roles are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and would require an Enhanced DBS check and may be subject to additional online checks as part of our pre-screening process.