Further Education SEND Support Workers
Stafflex Education work in close collaboration with a Further Education College who require Support Workers across a number of departments. With centres across Kirklees, the college requires enthusiastic, adaptable and compassionate individuals to support their learners with additional needs.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to making a positive difference as students prepare for adulthood. With your experience in Behaviour Management / SEN / Mental Health, positive behaviour handling strategies and mentoring you could help young people by giving them an opportunity to see life differently, change their perspective but most importantly inspire them to succeed.
Your day to day duties will include supporting students in small groups across various curriculum subjects, playing a pivotal part in ensuring that the students keep on task and are learning to their full capacity.
You will work closely with the course tutor and will also take pastoral responsibility for the students you support. My client can offer you training and development opportunities and a supportive, inclusive working environment.
- Do you have experience of working with learners with additional needs?
- Are you resilient, calm and adaptable?
- Do you have a positive, proactive attitude?
- Do you have Grade C or above at Maths and English GCSE or equivalent?
If so, this could be the job for you!
Stafflex can offer you:
- Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
- Weekly BACS / PAYE pay through our in house payroll team (we do NOT use umbrella companies)
- Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including training documents and more
- Local, convenient assignments
- 24/7 telephone service
Requirements to work with Stafflex
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a face to face registration interview
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Agency and Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people