KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000
Package: Generous Holiday Entitlement, Equipment + much more!
Type: Full time, Permanent
We are delighted to offer this role as a Trainee or Qualified opportunity. Our client is happy to accept applications from candidates who either hold or currently working towards a level 3 teaching qualification.
- Delivering Functional Skills (Maths and English) up to level 2, to a caseload of classroom / group based learners.
- Identify any barriers to learning and plan effective training based on individual learner needs.
- Providing one to one and group support in order for them to progress through their Functional Skills qualifications.
- Identify learners strengths and weaknesses through initial assessment and support them accordingly.
- Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
- Ensure each learner's progression is recorded efficiently
- Hold or be working towards a recognised teaching qualification (PTLLS or above/equivalent).
- Confidence to deliver Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2.
- Experience / confidence with challenging / demotivated learners.
- Enthusiastic individual who is able to make a real impact and make learning exciting
- Demonstrate confidence, tenacity and ability to work on own initiative.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities