Functional Skills Tutor - English and Maths
Based: Nottingham - Salary: From £25,000 to £29,000 (Negotiable DOE) - Permanent Full Time Role
We are working with a leading training organisation in the City of Nottingham, who offer a wide range of training including employability related courses and Apprenticeships.
They currently have a new vacancy for a Maths and English Tutor to join their team. The role will mainly be based from their Nottingham centre, with some travel to other sites around the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire as required.
The Tutor will deliver English, Maths Functional Skills qualifications to learners, both in the workplace within Apprenticeships, and in-house for courses as required.
This role will involve various methods of delivery – e.g. one-to-one, group work, classroom delivery
- Manage a caseload of learners, ensuring their progression and achievement in accordance with all contractual requirements.
- Liaise with employers, assessors and other trainers as required, to ensure that learners are motivated to continue with their programme and achieve their qualifications.
- Diagnose learners’ English and Maths
- Ensure the maximum impact of training – by planning and delivering training to learners that identifies individual learning needs, preferred approaches and prior skills and knowledge
- Demonstrating active learning with effective use of ICT
- To achieve required outcomes in relation to English & Mathematics from Entry Level to L2 and/or GCSE
Essential Skills / Experience:
Experience of delivering English and Maths Functional Skills (entry to level 2)
- Hold English and maths Functional Skills qualifications at level 2 or above
- Experience of working with and supporting mixed ability adults and young people
- Experience of positively engaging and motivating learners
- Driving licence and own transport.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience of delivering GCSE English
- Holding a level 5 subject specialism
- A recognised teaching qualification at a minimum of level 4.