Educated Appointments are delighted to be supporting a national training provider in hiring a functional skills tutor to join their team and cover the Derby area. This is a hybrid role split between the clients office in Derby with remote home working also involved.
Our client provides structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many larger organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors.
We are proud of our teams within the Group and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
The purpose of the role is to support and develop learner Apprenticeships in work-based environments studying English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills. The role will initially cover various employer settings within a region, then will be located to one site.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage own time effectively ensuring a caseload of learners are supported and contact made every 4-6 weeks
- To build a positive working relationship with stakeholders
- To communicate effectively with management in a timely manner
- To carry out initial assessment of learners to identify and agree appropriate learning routes to meet individual learning needs
- Plan and deliver Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills for adults engaged in study programmes
- Invigilate assessments taken by learners to fulfil awarding body requirements
- Assess and record learner achievement and competence, setting SMART targets and identifying training needs
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum teaching qualification of CTTLS or equivalent
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT at level 2 or equivalent
- The ability to engage learners through a range of teaching resources
- Ability to work to shift patterns and ad-hoc hours to meet the learner needs
- Experience of working for a training provider preferred
- Assessment processes and evidence capture
- Knowledge of Government Funded training
- Excellent IT knowledge & skills including using electronic portfolio system
- Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision as part of a remote team
- Ability to motivate and support learner
- Understand ESOL teaching techniques in supporting learning.
- Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & pressured environment? Then this may be the role for you!
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional Birthday day off
- A Range of Health & Wellbeing Resources