- Role: Deputy Head (Quality of Education)
- Start Date: February 2024 or ASAP
- Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Salary: £60,488 - £66,628
M/LK Education Search are excited to be partnering with this independent specialist day school for children and young people diagnosed with ASC and ADHD, who often present with many associated needs such as social, emotional and mental health, communication and cognition and learning needs. They are seeking a confident and experienced Deputy Headteacher to focus on quality of education that will become an integral part of the team, putting the children and young people at the heart of everything you do.
- secure excellent learning progress and outcomes for all students and be responsible for line managing and developing core subject teachers.
- promote and develop the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
- be an effective communicator who is highly skilled at building, developing and maintaining effective relationships with parents, staff and members of the school and wider community to enhance the education of children and young people.
- be the Designated Safeguarding Person for the setting with responsibility for monitoring the consistent development and delivery of policy and operational practice across the school ensuring the safety, health and welfare of staff, children and young people at all times.
- oversee CPD and induction for your team and be expected to lead whole staff and subject meetings.
- Other responsibilities will include pastoral care and behaviour management, curriculum forward planning, timetable construction, data analysis and development, assessment, recording and reporting.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent and be aspiring to undertake the NPQH.
- Degree Qualified in Education or relevant subject.
- Successful leadership and management experience, preferably in a similar setting
- Demonstrable secondary level teaching experience, preferably with children and young people with ASC and SEMH needs
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- Previous involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning
- Experience of curriculum development
- Evidence of CPD and knowledge of current issues in education
- Experience of working effectively with vulnerable children and young people
- Strong data analysis skills and a solid understanding of school finances/financial management
They will provide:
- a competitive salary and generous annual leave
- a comprehensive induction programme
- continued professional development and training
- enhanced pension contributions
- friendly, passionate and committed team of like-minded colleagues
- £500 refer-a-friend bonus
- OFSTED bonuses
- life insurance
- cycle to work scheme and laptop loans
- discounts on cinema trips, electronics, fashion, home and garden, travel, groceries, gifts, utilities, health and fitness
- birthday treats
- long service and employee of the month awards
- employee assistance and counselling service, wellbeing support and advice
- optional flu jab
If you want to be a part of a brilliant team and make a real difference to the lives of young children, while building a rewarding career within a supportive organisation then APPLY NOW!
Or alternatively, please contact me on: