Founded in 1999, SCL is the UK's largest provider of education and skills training , positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast-growing business.
The advertised role focuses on cover during a period of staff absence or business need, this role is a temporary position with potential to lead to permanent employment as the business develops, the role is responsible for the planning and delivery of high-quality lessons which truly inspires and influences our learners' future life's. In addition, this role will develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders by delivering excellence in everything they do in response to business need or leadership requirements. As part of this role the SCL Cover Tutor will be involved in working with learners on a face-to-face group, virtual group and/or one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of qualification when/if required.
This role will also provide bespoke and responsive support to the curriculum leadership team in line with the business need so that the learner experience for all is exceptional. This activity will be agreed with line management and will take place around your lesson cover or during periods where lesson cover is not required.
Key Requirements; -
- At least a Level 3 in the subject which is being taught
- At least a Level 2 in English and Maths
- A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification e.g., PGCE, DTTLS OT A1 Award (or willingness to work towards)
- First Aid
We recognise the importance of high quality teaching staff and we have put together the below very comprehensive Teacher Talent Pathway programme that will support our new and existing talent to becoming the best educators to our students. As we know, we are #StrongerTogether
What we offer: -
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection, and reimbursement for dental, optical, and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavour to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements