As the Childcare Activities Manager every single interaction with a child or young person provides an opportunity to positively impact their entire future. Something that may seem small today can help someone develop into a better person later in life. We are looking for people who understand the importance of inspiring the next generation.
We are a social bunch with some great benefits and rewards for the right people, those that align to our core values. SCL employees are passionate about making a difference, inspirational when engaging with children, excellent at what they do and reliable in every situation.
As a Childcare Activities Manager you will deliver an engaging daily club programme of activities within a Breakfast and After school Care club setting, monitor and report on the effectiveness of activities, develop strong relationships with schools and parents, as well as leading and motivating a team of Care Club Assistants.
The Childcare Manager will be part of a dedicated team of Primary Education tutors and Regional Managers, ensuring a safe and secure environment is provided to children aged 4 - 11 years. Our teams are provided with opportunities for their own career development for a fantastic career path in Childcare.
Basic salary will be between £19-23K per annum, plus up to £7K a year performance related bonus.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Play work/Childcare - if not we will put you on this course!
- Have previous experience working in a childcare setting.
- Have an understanding of OFSTED requirements.
- Be inspirational, bringing fun and creativeness to the team.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else.
- Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 4 - 11 years.
- Be a people person with fantastic communication skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others to deliver to the highest standard.
- Be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check (Paid for by the company)
What SCL Offers
- Attractive benefits for you and your family- We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff.
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme -We make sure excellence is recognized at every quarter and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards.
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects and training opportunities- We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential.
- Companywide Socials- A chance for the entire company to get together on a regular basis.
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services- Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions.
- Childcare vouchers- Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers.
- Access to our SCL Perks Portal. Register and enjoy new discounts every week
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to, reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification check.
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavor to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements.