As a Childcare Assistant every single interaction with a child or young person provides an opportunity to positively impact their entire future. Something that may seem small today can help someone develop into a better person later in life. We are looking for people who understand the importance of inspiring the next generation.
We are a social bunch with some great benefits and rewards for the right people, those that align to our core values. SCL employees are passionate about making a difference, inspirational when engaging with children, excellent at what they do and reliable in every situation.
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
The childcare assistant role pays between £9 - £12 per hour depending upon age and experience. No weekend work required!
Breakfast Club: 7:30am - 9:00am
Afterschool Club: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Plan and deliver engaging and fun activities at Breakfast and After School Club.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children at all times
- Ensure the process of registration of children attending SCL clubs is accurately adhered to
- Obtain regular feedback from children, parents and school staff on progress of SCL clubs.
- Complete and record all necessary club admin as required.
What we are looking for
- Be inspirational, bringing fun and creativeness to the team.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else.
- Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 4 - 11 years.
- Be a people person with fantastic communication skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others to deliver to the highest standard.
- Must be able to satisfy an enhanced DBS check (paid for by the company)
What we will offer
- £9- £12 per hour (depending on age and experience) for our After-School Club and £15 per session for the Breakfast Club
- Excellent benefits for all our staff
- Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff.
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services
- Access to our SCL Perks Portal. Register and enjoy new discounts.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to, reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification check.
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavor to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements.