About the role
We’re seeking Chief Examiners to join us for the Level 1/2 Technical Award in Interactive Media on a flexible worker contract.
As a Chief Examiner, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the standards of the external assessment of NCFEs qualifications are consistent across centres and learners from year to year
- Coordinating the Examiners throughout the process, ensuring they are adhering to key deadlines and performing to the required standards
- Reporting suspected malpractice or safeguarding concerns to the Assessment Delivery team
- Attending and leading examiner standardisation events, and other meetings as required – standardisation events will be scheduled for weekdays between the hours of 9.00am-5.00pm and may require travel to Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Maintaining the confidentiality of NCFE assessment materials, learner evidence and learner details, and report any breaches to the Assessment Delivery team
We'd love to hear from you if you offer the following:
- A professional qualification (at Level 4 or above) relating to the interactive media sector
- A minimum of 3 years current/recent teaching experience in the sector/subject at level 2 or higher, or at least 3 years employment in the interactive media sector
- An understanding of effective quality assurance mechanisms
- The ability to work consistently within tight deadlines
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience within an examining role
Feeling inspired? Read the full Job Description to find out more.
Why work as a flexible worker for NCFE?
Our flexible workforce provides supportive quality assurance to ensure that learners taking NCFE qualifications are getting the best education possible. If you become a flexible worker with us, you’ll choose how to fit your work around your other personal and professional commitments – making this a great opportunity to make a difference in a way that suits you.
You’ll receive full training and the materials, tools or equipment needed to ensure you’re able to complete your duties in line with NCFE requirements, with the ability to take on flexible worker contract alongside other work, without the need to be registered as self-employed.
All applicants will be expected to adhere to NCFE’s behavioural framework and to uphold our core values.
Shape real change with an NCFE career
Imagine a career where your contributions affect not only what people learn, but the way that learning is developed and delivered.
With over 170 years of education experience our core purpose remains at the heart of the organisation – to promote and advance learning to create a fairer, more inclusive society, making sure no learner is left behind.
Want to know more? Take a look at our website https://www.ncfe.org.uk/
How to apply
Before applying, please note that we require all candidates to be able to demonstrate proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Ready to join us and shape real change? Apply with your Cover Letter & CV if you have the expertise and commitment to excel in this position.
Closing Date: Thursday 29 February 2024
Due to the volume of flexible worker contracts available we'll be reviewing and shortlisting applications on an ongoing basis over the upcoming weeks.
Interview Date: TBC
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) statement
We're committed to building rich diversity into our workforce at all levels, to ensure that we understand and are representative of the communities and customers we serve.
We do not discriminate against anyone due to their gender, sexuality, race, age, religion, beliefs, identity, social background, visible or hidden disability, or neurodiversity. Instead, we pride ourselves on our collaborative, vibrant and high-performance culture which embraces everyone, celebrates uniqueness, and enables everyone's voice to be heard.