This Academy, rated 'Good' Ofsted, whose core value is for everyone to be the best they can be, are seeking an Academic Mentor to support with English.
They inspire achievement in their students and believe in developing the whole person through both academic and pastoral support. They are a caring, proactive community, with their students at the heart of everything they do. Their vision is to provide an outstanding educational experience for each and every pupil, ensuring that they are a place where talent is liberated, success is celebrated and achievement triumphs.
Become an Academic Tutor
Do you want a role where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people? We're recruiting full-time Academic Tutors to start immediately and deliver tuition in various subjects for the National Tutoring Programme. This is a great opportunity to get school experience, which is invaluable for those who are considering a career in teaching.
You'll be working alongside teachers to provide tuition for pupils whose education has been most impacted by the pandemic. Academic Tutors can mentor pupils in primary school literacy, numeracy or science, or secondary school English, humanities, maths, modern foreign languages, or science.
You don't need to have experience of working in education to become an Academic Tutor as our fully funded training will ensure that you have all the knowledge you need for your new role.
To become an Academic Tutor, you'll need:
- A degree or equivalent, OR;
- Three A-levels at A - C grade AND a minimum of Grade 4 (grade C equivalent) in English and maths at GCSE level
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with teaching staff to identify the support each pupil needs
- Creating bespoke intervention programmes for pupils
- Developing and delivering engaging sessions with clear learning objectives
- Delivering measurable outcomes from each session to track progress
Develop your skills as an Academic Tutor through:
- Expert online training from Education Development Trust
- Access to resources and professional development covering topics including mental health, work-life balance, and pedagogy
- We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer that values diverse talent and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Should you require any adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact us.