Are you confident in supporting a secondary student in and outside of the classroom?
Do you have experience of supporting students with Social and Emotional needs (SEMH)?
Academics are currently looking to recruit an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant to support and work with a Key Stage 3 (KS3) student in one of their partnership secondary schools located in Staffordshire.
Our client school has a magnificent learning support faculty and it is often praised for it's collaborative approach within their curriculum.
The role of a Teaching Assistant is to assist the teacher(s) in providing a learning environment that enables all students to learn to the best of their ability and for them to easily access the curriculum. By working 1:1 with a student, you will be able to identify the specific academic and/or emotional and behavioural need.
- Monday 19th February 2024 start.
- Full time (Monday-Friday)
- Work guaranteed until the Easter break, however this opportunity does have the strong possibility of becoming more long term, until July 2024 (this is dependent on the learner/school's future requirements).
Teaching Assistant's who apply to this particular role will be/have
- An experienced secondary Teaching Assistant (TA) or Learning Support Assistant (LSA).
- Or will have relevant experience of working with adolescents within a school environment.
- Comfortable working on a 1:1 basis.
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills.
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and to be able to encourage and motivate positive interactions.
- Strong behaviour management skills.
- A current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service, or you will be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
We are an agency that are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS check, full work history, references (x2) and a face-to-face interview.
If you do have experience as a Teaching Assistant, Higher Level Teaching Assistant, or Learning Support Assistant in a secondary school setting and you are now looking for a new role after the February half-term, please click 'APPLY NOW' below to submit your most up to date CV for immediate review.
We look forward to hearing from you.