SEND Teaching Assistant Role
Empowering Learning is currently looking for a 1: 1 SEND Teaching Assistant based in Slough. This is a full-time long-term position with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. We are looking for a friendly, outgoing candidate who promotes a positive mindset towards learning.
This role will be working with a Year 3 learner who has Autism. The successful candidate should be confident in building positive relationships and be able to use a range of strategies to help develop their social, emotional and communication skills. Having previous experience working with children with additional needs would be beneficial to this role.
The School Setting
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, welcoming school. This school has high aspirations for all learners and seeks to use creative means to remove barriers to learning and places emphasis on raising self-esteem and confidence.
Senior leaders are committed in creating a culture of inclusion and success for all. They seek to deliver a rich curriculum filled with memorable learning experiences. The early years provision is already deemed 'Outstanding' by Ofsted where children make rapid progress in all areas of learning.
SEND Teaching Assistant - Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring school rules are adhered to
- Working 1:1 to support physical, emotional and academic needs
- Work closely with SENCO and Pastoral team to communicate observations
- Reporting health and safety issues on-site to the maintenance team to resolve
- Communicating effectively with teachers/children about any concerns or issues
- Risk assessing the environment and responding accordingly
- Use report to the safeguarding teams and use school systems to raise concerns
What's in it for you as a SEND Teaching assistant
- Up to 90 per daydepending on experience
- Rewarding role supporting an individual through their milestones
- A chance to work term time only
- Become part of a family, community school
- A near immediate start for the ideal candidate
- Opportunity for a permanent contract
- Team Teach training
- Southwark location
Experience, Training & Qualifications
- Legal right to work in the UK
- First Aid Training (desirable)
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, or overseas Police clearances (if applicable)
- Primary Education experience and or SEN school experience
- An understanding of synthetic phonics (desirable)
- Have knowledge on SEN Needs and an understanding of how learning may be adapted for children with additional needs
Here at Empowering Learning, we don't only offer excellent rates of pay and the opportunity to work with a consultant with the experience and ability to find you the perfect next career move.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to (url removed)